m$ visual studio community (free of charge) edition
force developerforce salesforce eclipse ide
At last nights Eclipse Demo Camp London the European Director of Eclipse Foundation inc, Ralph Mueller, did a great presentation on why Eclipse is different to other open source projects such as Apache or MySql !
If you weren't there last night then you might like to go to Eclipse Demo Camp Hamburg next month !
Eclipse Europa 3.3.2 and PHP PDT 1.0.3
Note to avoid any of the following install errors you must use the exact versions of Eclipse and PDT specified below:
- PDT Feature (1.0.3.v20080603-79-7PE7QYGHNH6Gh) requires feature "org.eclipse.wst (2.0.0)", or compatible.
- PDT Feature (1.0.5.v20081126-1856) requires feature "org.eclipse.wst (3.0.0)", or compatible.
- Eclipse XML Editors and Tools (2.0.2.v200802150100-7A1ECMCnbcl1bVs9uNm_Zkieb7Qe) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.validation (1.1.0)", or equivalent.
Obtain Eclipse & PDT
- Download and install Java SE 6
- Download Eclipse Europa 3.3.2 JEE Edition
- Unzip Eclipse and move to /opt/eclipse or another path with no spaces in it
- Download Zend PDT 1.0.3 zip file
- Unzip PDT 1.0.3 and move to a path with no spaces in it
- Help | Software Updates | Find & Install
- Search for New Features to Install
- New Local Site
- Enter name of PDT and path to unzipped PDT
- Check PDT
- Install PDT
You can now use Eclipse to write PHP projects !
Eclipse Europa IDE 3.3.2 Packages
Eclipse Archived Downloads (3.3.2 and earlier)
The latest version of the Eclipse IDE & SDK for Apple Mac OS/X and GNU/Linux developers is Eclipse Classic 3.4.1 and contains the Eclipse Platform, Java Development Tools, and Plug-in Development Environment, including source and both user and programmer documentation.
Eclipse Classic 3.2, 3.3 and even older versions can be found at:
and the Aptana Eclipse Studio & PHP Plugins which can be installed on 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4 can be found at:
and can be installed via Eclipse Software Update:
EasyEclipse distributions are prepackaged releases of Eclipse that provides a fully functional Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for a specific type of development such as Java, PHP, Python or Ruby.
NOTE : Do not install EasyEclipse in a directory with a space in it since it will instantly crash !
Each distribution contains everything you need to start developing code, without any additional downloads. Note that there are two releases for some distributions:
- EasyEclipse 1.2.2 is the previous stable release, based on Eclipse 3.2.2. All EasyEclipse plugins are working on this release.
- EasyEclipse 1.3.1 is a new release based on Eclipse 3.3.1. Not all distributions, and not all plugins, are available yet in that release.
EasyEclipse Bugs & Feature Requests: