Subversion is an SCM designed to be an easy replacement for CVS, while addressing some of its shortcomings.
- Directories, renames, and file meta-data are versioned
- Commits are truly atomic
- Branching and tagging are cheap (constant time) operations
- Natively client/server, layered library design
- Client/server protocol sends diffs in both directions
- Costs are proportional to change size, not data size
- Versioning of symbolic links
- Efficient handling of binary files
- Parseable output
- Localized messages
If you have some spare time and would like to contribute to an open source project StatSVN needs your help |
Beta testers, bug reporters, – all are welcome !